Tuesday 10 March 2015

Let's Paint...Tails


A time-lapse video of a painting based on Tails the Fox!

The always faithful friend of Sonic, Tails the Fox created here using Corel Painter 11.

First appearing in 1992 in Sonic 2, Tails has become one of the most recognised characters not just in the Sonic games but in gaming as a whole.

For this one, I chose to give him a slightly realistic look with more fur and hair. However, this wasn't the case when I first started with the designs. My first idea was to create a cartoon style colour scheme for the design. Resembling something closer to anime then realistic. But when I was researching pictures of Tails, I noticed that this had been done many times before and I would simply be adding to the pile. That's then I noticed the very few realistic versions that had been done. So that's when I changed my idea and began to create the image you see now. Which I think is all the more better for it.

The position and shape you see in the finished version however, never changed and in fact I only ever did one design for Tails. Usually I create several rough sketches and pick the one I think works best but this time, I knew exactly what I wanted to do and how!

Tails is also only one of the Sonic themed pieces I plan to do over the next few weeks.

So, what do you think? Let me know in the comments and please check out the video if you already haven't.

Here is the finished piece!

tails the fox from sonic the hedgehog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...