Monday 23 March 2015

Let's Paint...The book of life. La Muerte.


A Time Lapse video of the Queen of Souls from the Movie, The Book of Life.

Click play to watch.

This was created using Corel Painter 11. At this point, I have yet to see the movie but do plan to in the coming weeks.

When I first decided to do this character I thought for some reason it would be quite easy, in fact it was probably one of the more difficult pieces. This is mainly due to the tattoo's.

I had several ideas for this one and have been planning on doing this character for some weeks but it kept getting pushed back. So I decided to push everything else back instead and started to work on this.

A lot of my ideas were of her at an angle but I wanted the bright colour scheme to shine through and felt the best option was a face on design.

What do you think? Want to see more of the Book of Life in the future? Let me know in the comments!

Here is the final art piece!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...