Wednesday 25 March 2015

Let's Paint...Rosalina.

A time-lapse video of Rosalina from the Super Mario video games. Click play to watch.

This was created using Corel Painter 11 at some point in September/October 2014.

This was the first piece in the Super Smash Bros piece that I have been working on. The final piece is set in a comic book style layout with one fighter in each box.

I had a hand full of different sketches for this design with most focusing on the whole character. Then, just before I started to work on the real thing, I had an idea for this version. Focusing on her face rather then the whole body suited my design for a SSB complete picture and so I changed my design to this.

I also wanted to try and keep this one closer to the Nintendo design with the big eye as the main example. Originally I planed to make her more realistic but it just felt right to stick with the main design.

So, what do you think? would you like to see more based on Rosalina or the Mario Universe in the future? Leave me a comment!

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...