Sunday 17 January 2016

How to get started in Digital Painting. Part 1, What tools you need to start!




How to get started in Digital Painting.
Part 1,
What tools you need to get started!

So you've seen those fantastic pieces of artwork that others have created using computers and thought to yourself, "I want to try that!" but you have no idea where or how to start!

Well, I'm here to help...I hope!

This is my own personal story of how I got into digital art.

In this post, I'm going to tell you what tools and equipment is best for drawing.

So without any further delay, let's talk about the equipment!


The Pen Tablet.

First, and I really can't stress this enough, buy a pen tablet! When I first started I used a mouse and it was terrible, my work was terrible and it was like trying to paint with a broom. You have very little control with it and it feels unnatural.

The pen tablet is a simple device that the name pretty much tells you everything! It is a tablet that acts like a drawing area and a pen that you use to draw. There are many different types and versions from the cheap to the insanely expensive.
My current pen tablet. Fairly cheap and does the job!
The price you pay is of course up to you. I personally started with a cheaper end model before moving on to a 'better' one. Truth be told, apart from having a bigger drawing area, the more expensive model was not that much better.

Pros:-More control. More natural feeling.

Cons:- Strange to use for newbies.


The Drawing Screen.
Now I first need to say that I have never used one of these before but know people who have.
For the REAL big spenders!

This is the ultimate in drawing setup. With this setup, you use a pressure sensitive pen onto the screen. These can be purchased in both a 'cheaper' SD version or an expensive HD version.

Pros:- Like drawing onto paper. HD display (better models)

Cons:- Very expensive, not very mobile.

So now it is up to you to chose what to start with. Next, the programs you can use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...